#Leadership books don’t have to be your primary source of professional development. #Fiction #adventure plays a critical role: it gives you concrete examples about people, behaviors, strategies and leaders, all wrapped in exciting stories. This is also true of science fiction, especially #FrankHerbert #Dune.
In effect, Dune is the story of a young duke, Paul “Muad’did”, who is forced into exile on the desert planet, #Arrakis (which is also the most important planet in the universe for its natural resource, spice), and unwittingly becomes the leader of its indigenous people, the #Fremen, all of whom are inching towards a global #jihad against exploitative empires.
Here are some great nuggets that I think really stand out:
- Why you exist as a leader.
- When to be a Leader.
- Your Return on Investment (#ROI) as a leader.
- Effective leadership requires effective thinking.
- You must learn to think for yourself.
- Learn to see what things truly are and not what they only appear to be.
- Keep it simple.
- Identify your Competitive advantage.
- Life – and success – demands constant progress, energy and action.
- Understand the impact of behavior, culture and values.
USE MOVIES FOR LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT! Who knew that using streaming services like Netflix or Amazon Prime for leadership coaching could lead to a 22% increase in overall engagement scores? Black Market Leadership offers people the ability to up their game as leaders using non-conventional educational programs.
Streaming services provide us with a wealth of content to develop people and teams. It’s the type of unconventional resource that enables one to gain a keen awareness of people and team dynamics, along with a nuanced understanding of leaders and strategies under pressure. If you use the right streaming series, with the right tools and facilitation, you can do in weeks what takes traditional development years to accomplish.
So what are the benefits of using streaming services?
Besides observing the increases in overall engagement scores, one team of emerging leaders, supervisors and their manager also witnessed a 15% increase in inclusion, an 18% increase in teamwork and a 40% increase in innovation. Most interestingly, we saw an increase in maturity levels. Some employees were seeing their mindsets and behaviors play out on the big screen; as a result, they also saw the consequences of choices they preferred along with the potential ramifications in the realms of perception and reputation. “Oh man,” a coachee regularly says, “I never realized that is how I came across.”
ABOUT BLACK MARKET LEADERSHIP: Get The Leadership Education That You Need And Have Always Wanted. Join the underground leadership resource, Black Market Leadership®. Visit www.blackmarketleadership.com and sign up! Modern leadership development is underserving you. If you want to accelerate your growth and quickly raise your value as a leader, then you have to look beyond tradition and convention. Black Market Leadership is made for you, the high-achiever and disrupter, to give you a competitive edge no matter your title or position. Hosted by Forbes Coach and leadership expert, Kevin Black, learn the art and science of leadership the way military leadership and elite Fortune 500 leaders do. harkonnen bene gesserit duke leto atreides kyle maclachlan
OTHER BLACK MARKET LEADERSHIP VIDEOS
CIA’s Michael Scheuer podcast segments:
- What is Your Educational Background? https://youtu.be/y27ev7_000E
- Unprepared to fight Bin Laden and AQ?: https://youtu.be/T-ixGsBy_mo
- Podcast Episode 23: https://youtu.be/NGJlP195QFg
- Podcast Episode 24: https://youtu.be/IVoovGxQLPo
Anthony Tucker-Jones (military historian) Black Market Leadership podcast segments:
- Introduction: https://youtu.be/qc-HwwsH6xA
- Podcast Episode 25: https://youtu.be/GaEDVmbuIqQ
- Podcast Episode 26: https://youtu.be/IfEe6wqlFKc
Carol Roth (Fox Business, Investor, NYT Best-selling author) Black Market Leadership podcast segments:
- Part 1: https://youtu.be/sE2FdBWNOEE
- Part 2: https://youtu.be/_ysNREMeiGU
- Part 3: https://youtu.be/Zf5wFRD9hfI
- Part 4: https://youtu.be/0QJS1qfBi_8
- Part 5: https://youtu.be/o19jYxHsvOA
- Part 6: https://youtu.be/nkeU6Rea_Lk
- Part 7: https://youtu.be/OT3BblhAWxM
- Part 8: https://youtu.be/GmDtFX4lJ58
- Part 10: https://youtu.be/xyW3p4qDAtE
- Part 11: https://youtu.be/ejJ2Z32N0Rk
- Part 12: https://youtu.be/ZBiZoQs9PRc